Our Professional Diploma is a foundational course for anyone wishing to start or progress his/her career within the financial services industry. It was designed to meet the needs of operations staff and new entrants to the Securities and Investment industry, providing an overview of all key areas needed in the capital market.
This Certificate is a fast track route for non-graduates and graduates. It creates an alternative entry point for those who are desirous of becoming securities and investment professionals, but do not currently have a university degree required to proceed directly to the CIS Professional qualification scheme.
- Student registration fees : N2,000
- Student annual subscription: FREE
- It opens the door of opportunity to all those who aspire to work in the financial services industry, irrespective of their background and previous work experience.
- It provides a basic qualification with an attractive terminal value for employees working in, or aspiring to work in the financial services industry.
- It gives holders a cutting edge with prospective employers as the qualification carries the emblem of the Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers, and the Institute’s reputation and track record.
- Upon successful completion of the Professional Diploma, candidates can proceed to the CIS professional qualification scheme. They also qualify for exemption from Level 1 of the CIS professional examination.
- It gives graduates and HND holders who are not well grounded in finance and accounting, related courses opportunity to build a solid foundation before proceeding to the professional qualification scheme.
This program is also an ideal fit for anyone who wants to pursue a career in Securities and Investment, but needs more preparation time to hone the skills needed to successfully complete the Professional (ACS) Qualification Scheme.
Elements of Economics
Business Mathematics & Statistics
Fundamentals of Financial Markets
Financial Statement Analysis
Law, Ethics and Professional Standards
Regulation and Practice of Securities & Investment
Asset Valuation and Portfolio Management
Progression through the Diploma Programme
Candidates are expected to complete the modules in stage one before proceeding to stage two. However within each stage, candidates may choose their preferred examination module. That is Module A & B could be completed in any order either sequentially or concurrently. You may enroll for either one or both modules in one examination session. It is therefore possible to complete the qualification within one year.
The pass mark for each examination module is 60%. Students will be awarded the CIS Diploma in Securities & Investment on successful completion of the four modules in the two examination stages.
Minimum entry requirement
Five (5) 'O' Levels credit passes including English language and Mathematics.
The examination is conducted in English language and other languages may be made available in the near future.
Each Module of the Diploma programme on will be assessed by a 3-hour, fully multiple choice questions (MCQ) based examination consisting of 120 questions.
New Student Application
Rules and Regulations
Download the Rules and Regulations governing the conduct of the CIS examinations here.
Study and study references
Study Materials for Reading
Diploma Study packs
Find out if you are eligible to become the proud holder of a CIS Professional Diploma. Click the button below to evaluate your eligibility for this program.